Berry Lemon Baked Oats is made with oats, candy berries and a contact of lemon for a recent tackle baked oats. This simple recipe is prepped in simply 5 minutes and will be made for one individual or simply adjusted for 4 folks!
This submit is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Firm.
Prepared for a recent tackle baked oats? That is it! Make the most of recent summer time berries for a breakfast time possibility.
You most likely have many of the elements in your pantry and you may decide up berries out of your native farmer’s market, grocery store or in the event you’re fortunate sufficient to seek out them recent in your yard, that’s even higher.
Collect these elements
Quaker Outdated Common Oats
Plain, unsweetened plant milk
Vanilla extract or paste
Egg (optionally available)
I like getting artistic with oats. And within the summertime, I like utilizing recent berries to sweeten and brighten them up!
For this recipe, I used blackberries and raspberries as a result of they have been accessible at my market. Later in the summertime, recent blackberries and blueberries are candy and plentiful. And to be trustworthy, I most likely received’t cease consuming this when the climate cools down, due to frozen berries.
Use no matter berries you will have available, from frozen blended berries to any mixture of recent ones!
Talking of recent. The lemon is essential. Don’t skip it. The lemon zest helps the berry taste pop. And the dish received’t fairly be the identical with out it.
Why select oats?
There are a number of the explanation why oats are a great way to assist begin the morning. I preserve them available as a result of they’re nutritious and so versatile within the kitchen.
Oats are a straightforward and accessible complete grain possibility. They’re additionally a very good supply of important nutritional vitamins and minerals, together with vitamin B1, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
Final however not least, oats can present a very good supply of fiber and might help help a wholesome digestive system. With 5 grams of fiber per serving due to the oats and berries, this recipe is an effective supply of fiber too (9 grams of complete fats)!
It is a versatile recipe
- Omit the egg for a vegan recipe. The oats won’t attain a wealthy golden brown colour however will nonetheless style nice!
- This recipe works with common or plant milk in the identical quantity.
- No maple syrup? Sub brown sugar for the maple syrup, if desired.
- Double or quadruple this recipe. Merely mix the elements, bake all in separate ramekins and refrigerate. You possibly can reheat the oat bake within the microwave or oven on busy mornings.
- Attempt with an optionally available dollop of Greek yogurt
- Prep and bake as much as 4 ramekins. Refrigerate the cooked oats and pop within the microwave or oven to reheat on busy mornings.
Able to make these baked oats? Right here’s the recipe!
Lemon Berry Baked Oats
This Berry Lemon Baked Oats is full of oats, candy berries and a contact of lemon for a recent tackle baked oats. This simple recipe is prepped in simply 5 minutes and will be made for one or simply adjusted for 4!
- .5 cup conventional Quaker Outdated Common Oats
- .5 cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- .5 teaspoon ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 giant egg (optionally available, see notes)
- .25 recent or frozen blended blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- .5 teaspoon lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
In a small blender, puree the oats, milk, vanilla, baking powder, salt and egg (if utilizing) till easy.
Place the berries in a 6-ounce ramekin and sprinkle evenly with the lemon zest. Pour the batter on prime of the berries.
Bake for half-hour, till the bake rises and is golden brown. Serve heat.
Omit the egg for a vegan recipe. The oats won’t attain a wealthy golden brown colour however will nonetheless style nice!
Energy: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 16g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 3mg