Learn how to Make the Honey Walnut Shrimp Sauce
I like to start out out by making the do-it-yourself candy sauce. You may shortly whip it up after which preserve it saved within the fridge till you’re prepared to make use of it.
- Mix the components. Add the paleo permitted mayonnaise, honey, recent lemon juice, and (optionally) cayenne pepper to a bowl and blend to mix.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the sauce till prepared to make use of.
Learn how to Make Candied Honey Walnuts
As soon as the sauce is within the fridge, you possibly can preheat your oven and switch your consideration to the candied walnuts:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat your oven to 320℉.
- Roast the walnuts. Add the walnuts to a baking pan and roast for roughly 8-10 minutes. Ensure to not burn them as it will end in a bitter sauce. Put aside as soon as executed.
- Boil the water and honey. Add water and honey to a small saucepan and warmth over medium excessive warmth. Deliver to a boil.
- Cook dinner. Cook dinner the combination, stirring continuously, till the liquid has largely evaporated.
- Add the walnuts. Stir the roasted walnuts into the honey combination.
- Put aside. Organize the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put aside.
Learn how to Prep the Shrimp for Cooking
Hold the next ideas in thoughts if you’re prepping the shrimp to make this recipe:
- Test for freshness. The very first thing you’ll need to do is test to guarantee that the shrimp are recent. Keep away from cooking with shrimp that give off an ammonia-like odor or which might be already partly orange in some components.
- Rinse the shrimp in recent chilly water.
- Take away the shell. Gently pull the legs and shell off the shrimp. You may as well take away the tail if you want.
- Take away the vein. Make a shallow minimize on the again of the shrimp and use a small knife or a toothpick to drag out the vein.
- Hold shrimp in ice water. After prepping, preserve your ready shrimp in a bowl of ice water till you’re able to cook dinner them.
Learn how to Make Honey Walnut Shrimp
Lastly, you’ll be placing all of it along with the shrimp till it’s properly glazed with the egg combination:
- Whisk collectively the egg and tapioca starch. Whisk the egg white in a shallow dish then add the tapioca starch. Hold mixing till the combination is easy with none clumps. That is the key to that outer coating on the shrimp.
- Preheat the cooking skillet. Add ¼ cup of olive oil to a big non-stick skillet and warmth over medium excessive warmth.
- Toss the recent shrimp within the egg white combination.
- Cook dinner the shrimp. Cook dinner the shrimp in batches at 2 minutes per aspect.
- End it off. Add the cooked shrimp, candied walnuts, and the ready candy sauce to a big bowl and toss to mix.
- (Non-obligatory) Garnish. Sprinkle with sliced inexperienced onion and sesame seeds if utilizing.
- Serve. Serve with cauliflower rice (click on right here for particulars on how you can make do-it-yourself cauliflower rice).
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp for This Recipe?
Within the occasion that you would be able to’t get your palms on recent shrimp, it’s completely fantastic to make use of frozen shrimp as a substitute.
Should you’re utilizing frozen shrimp, prepping them can be barely totally different from the directions outlined above. I’d thaw the frozen shrimp out first till they’re virtually fully thawed however nonetheless loads chilled.
Or to avoid wasting on a lot of prep time, you possibly can merely use frozen shrimp that’s already been peeled and deveined.
(You may additionally like: Sheet Pan Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles)