NIT 2023: Bracket, schedule, and scores
Right here’s the total bracket, schedule and scores for this yr’s event.
It’s NIT TIME BABY! (extraordinarily Dick Vitale voice). The Nationwide Invitational Match is upon us, and whereas many groups might be disenchanted they’re in competitors to turn into the most effective bridesmaid of March, moderately than the bride, there’s nonetheless plenty of satisfaction to play for.
Every year the NIT options one main snub who turns into the favourite to run the desk. This yr it’s Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights had each ounce of justification to be within the NCAA event, however have been pushed simply outdoors the bubble.
That doesn’t imply a Rutgers win must be thought-about a foregone conclusion. Sure, they’re an excellent staff — however final yr Texas A&M was the large NCAA snub and ended up shedding to Xavier 73-72 within the NIT ultimate.
The large edge the NIT has at all times held over the NCAA event is ambiance. Certain, enjoying at large unbiased websites brings cash and parity to the game, however there’s one thing to be stated for holding the on-campus ambiance just like the NIT does. It’s because of this that the seeded groups get to play at residence to open the event, with the campus websites internet hosting till the quarterfinals are full. Curiously you’ll see that this omits Oklahoma State, who need to journey regardless of being a No. 1 seed due to a previous dedication on campus to host the NCAA Wrestling Championships.
The 2023 NIT Schedule
Tuesday, March 14
- Hofstra 88, No. 1 Rutgers 86 OT
- No. 3 Michigan 90, Toledo 80
- No. 4 UAB 88, Southern Miss 60
- No. 3 Liberty 62, Villanova 57
- No. 2 Vanderbilt 71, Yale 62
- No. 2 Wisconsin 81, Bradley 62
- Jap Washington 81, No. 4 Washington State 74
- No. 3 Colorado 65, Seton Corridor 64
Wednesday, March 15
- No. 1 Oklahoma State at Youngstown State | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 4 Florida vs. UCF | 7 p.m. | ESPN2
- No. 1 Clemson vs. Morehead State | 7 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 2 North Texas vs. Alcorn | 8 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 3 Sam Houston at Santa Clara | 9 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 4 Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech | 9 p.m. | ESPN2
- No. 2 New Mexico vs. Utah Valley | 10 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 1 Oregon vs. UC Irvine | 11 p.m. | ESPN2
Saturday, March 18
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Vanderbilt | 12 p.m. | ESPN
Sunday, March 19
Tuesday, March 21
Wednesday, March 22
Tuesday, March 28
Thursday, March 30