Inside: Get a simple 4-ingredient recipe for Roasted Carrots With Thyme. This easy facet dish is successful with my youngsters!
My youngsters already preferred carrots: uncooked, roasted, sautéed.
However including thyme reworked them into one thing model new.
I bought the thyme tip from my sister-in-law, who mentioned one thing alongside the strains of, “Belief me, it makes an enormous distinction.”
She was proper! These carrots have now develop into a favourite facet dish for our household, and my 14 yr outdated commonly helps himself to seconds.
Elements for Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- Carrots: You would use child carrots, however I favor bigger carrots for this facet dish. Slice them at an angle for a fairly look.
- Olive oil
- Salt: I like kosher salt for this recipe, as a result of it has greater, coarser granules. However be at liberty to make use of common desk salt.
- Thyme: I exploit dried, which I all the time have available. You possibly can substitute contemporary, you’ll simply need to use extra (3 teaspoons contemporary versus 1 teaspoon dried).
Tips on how to Make Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Peel and slice carrots at an angle, I lower them about 1/4-inch thick. I exploit roughly three cups of sliced carrots for this facet dish.
Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. You would toss them in a bowl with the oil and seasonings first, however why soiled an additional dish?
Unfold out the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they’re not overlapping. They’ll roast extra evenly that manner. Overlapping veggies can find yourself steaming and never cooking nicely.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, giving them a stir midway by way of. We like them comfortable however nonetheless a tiny bit agency. Should you favor them very comfortable and browner, maintain roasting (and peek at them commonly in order that they don’t burn).
Questions About Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Can I exploit child carrots?
Sure, although chances are you’ll have to roast them longer to get a comfortable texture should you cook dinner them complete. You would additionally slice child carrots in half lengthwise earlier than cooking, which might look good.
Can I exploit contemporary thyme as a substitute?
Sure! You’ll need to use extra: about three teaspoons contemporary as a substitute of 1 teaspoon dried.
What does thyme style like?
It’s been described as earthy, minty, and barely candy. If it’s an unfamiliar taste to your youngsters, use much less thyme than the recipe requires the primary time you make them.
Why are carrots good for youths?
Carrots are wealthy in vitamin A, which performs a component in imaginative and prescient and the immune system. The pigment that makes them orange can be a disease-fighting compound.
What can I serve with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots with thyme makes an excellent facet dish for absolutely anything. We eat them as a facet for pork chops, hen, and burgers, however they might additionally look fairly on a Thanksgiving desk.
What are different good veggie recipes for youths?
- 3 cups peeled carrots, lower at an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel and lower carrots at an angle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and thyme and toss once more. Unfold out carrots in a single layer on baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway and eradicating carrots after they’re barely browned and tender however nonetheless agency (roast longer if you would like them softer).
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate applications, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 62Complete Fats: 2gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g