This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please learn my disclosure.
A vegetarian fajita bowl that’s tremendous easy however BIG on taste! Brown rice serves as the bottom for flavorful toppings – roasted veggies, seasoned black beans, and sliced avocado. Vegan, gluten-free, & prepared in simply 35 minutes.
Fast and simple dinners are a MUST on busy weeknights. However there’s no purpose to sacrifice taste or high quality elements when life is hectic. This straightforward veggie fajita bowl is my go-to recipe once I want a no-fuss dinner everybody will devour.
Mexican-style veggie fajita bowls are straightforward, wholesome, and excellent for meal prepping! As soon as the veggies are roasted and the rice is cooked, all you must do is assemble. Assemble it the evening earlier than for a fast grab-and-go lunch.
Newest Recipe Video!
Half the enjoyable of a veggie fajita rice bowl is the toppings! I prefer to high mine with sliced avocado, contemporary cilantro, and sliced jalapenos. The most effective factor about this recipe is how easy it’s to make, whereas nonetheless being tremendous satisfying! It’s household pleasant and child pleasant too!
👩🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to customise together with your selection of wholesome veggies
- Fast dinner for a busy evening
- Stuffed with Mexican flavors & seasoning
- Flip leftovers into straightforward vegan fajitas (simply add tortillas!)
- Child-friendly! Simply omit the cayenne & jalapenos
- Prepared in simply 35 minutes.
- Simple to meal prep
- Made with entire meals
This gluten free vegetarian fajita bowl recipe requires easy elements discovered at your native grocery retailer. Discover the total record of elements and dietary info on the backside of this submit.
- Mexican Seasoning: Home made taco seasoning is simple to make with no components or bizarre elements. I exploit paprika, coriander, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and sea salt. Omit the cayenne for those who don’t need it spicy. When you don’t have cayenne, use black pepper, crushed crimson pepper flakes, or chili powder as a substitute.
- Bell Peppers: I selected yellow and crimson bell peppers as a result of they’re sweeter than inexperienced. Be at liberty to make use of no matter you’ve gotten or discover on sale.
- Crimson Onion: Onions mellow and sweeten as they prepare dinner. I want crimson onions for his or her purple shade and distinct taste, however candy or yellow onions work too.
- Olive Oil: To roast the veggies! Any impartial flavored oil works nice. Canola or vegetable oil are good choices.
- Frozen Corn: Frozen corn has a superior texture to canned corn, however each work. When you use canned corn, simply make sure to drain it totally first.
- Black Beans: For a wholesome dose of plant-based protein!
- Brown Rice: Brown rice is much less processed than white rice, with loads of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
- Toppings: Toppings are the perfect a part of these wholesome fajita bowls! Add contemporary avocado, minced cilantro, and a contemporary squeeze of lime juice! See variations under for added flavors and toppings concepts!
Customise this veggie fajita bowl recipe any manner you want!
- Base: Swap up the rice! As an alternative of brown rice, attempt white rice, cilantro lime rice, riced cauliflower or cilantro lime cauliflower rice. You possibly can additionally use cooked quinoa, chopped romaine, or roasted candy potatoes.
- Veggies: For the fajita greens, use no matter you want. Child bella mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, bell peppers, and summer time squash style scrumptious roasted.
- Toppings: Don’t overlook further toppings! Sliced avocado, bitter cream, crushed tortilla chips, contemporary cilantro, cotija cheese, diced white onions, refried beans, pico de gallo, lime zest, shredded Mexican cheese (or shredded vegan cheese), and a dollop of guacamole are nice choices.
- Protein: Add grilled tofu, or for those who eat meat, grilled steak or hen.
- Low Carb: Swap common rice with cauliflower rice, omit the corn and beans, and double up on the roasted veggies.
- Fajita Veggies Chipotle Bowl: When you love chipotle, I hear ya! To make the veggies style identical to Chipotle’s, use inexperienced bell pepper and sauté in a big skillet with olive oil till delicate and caramelized.
🔪 How To Make A Vegetarian Fajita Bowl
Preheat Oven & Make Fajita Seasoning: Preheat your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Measure the spices right into a small bowl and blend collectively.
Coat Contemporary Veggies: Place the onion and bell peppers into a big bowl, then toss with the oil and half of the seasoning.
Roast Veggies: Switch the fajita fashion veggies to a baking sheet and roast for 10 to fifteen minutes.
Warmth Corn & Beans: Whereas the veggies roast, warmth the black beans and corn in a small skillet till scorching. Stir within the remaining seasoning.
Assemble Veggie Bowls: Reheat the cooked rice, then divide it between 3 to 4 bowls. Prime every bowl with a number of the corn combination. Then add the remainder of the elements – high every burrito bowl with fajita veggies, sliced avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, or any of your favourite toppings. Take pleasure in!
❓ Recipe FAQs
A fajita bowl is a rice bowl made with all the weather of fajitas, simply with out the tortilla! Rice will get topped with roasted bell peppers and onions, generally tofu, hen, or steak, and loads of toppings. Toppings can embrace black beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, bitter cream, shredded cheese, guacamole, or diced tomatoes.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the microwave till warmed by way of, then add toppings like avocado and cilantro.
You’ll be able to serve these vegetarian bowls all on their very own, or add extra toppings! Strive topping these vegetarian taco bowls with shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, bitter cream, and diced tomatoes. Or to serve with some tasty sides, serve with chips, salsa, and guacamole!
Sure, but it surely largely is dependent upon what’s in them! This vegan mexican bowl recipe is filled with vitamins from the brown rice and roasted veggies. Sliced avocado supplies wholesome fat and the black beans present plant-based protein. We use a lot of spices as a substitute of additional calorie-dense meals so as to add taste – making these veggie fajita bowls tremendous wholesome.
Then again, if you find yourself with a burrito bowl that has a ton of cheese, sauces, and calorie wealthy toppings (an excessive amount of guac, bitter cream, and so on) – then it gained’t be as wholesome as a result of it’ll be filled with energy and further fats!
💭 Skilled Ideas
- You can even prepare dinner the veggies in a big skillet. Warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth, then add the sliced peppers and onions. Sauté till delicate and caramelized on the sides.
- When you don’t wish to trouble cooking rice, use steam-in-bag white rice. It’s prepared in lower than 2 minutes.
- In order for you the fajita veggies to be caramelized, enhance the oven temperature to 400 levels and add 5 to 10 minutes.
- Flip this vegetarian burrito bowl into tacos or common fajitas! Serve with heat tortillas.
🌮 Extra Mexican Recipes!
I by no means tire of Mexican meals! Strive one in all these scrumptious recipe concepts with Mexican aptitude.
📋 Recipe Card
Vegetarian Fajita Bowl
A vegetarian fajita bowl that is tremendous easy however BIG on taste! Brown rice serves as the bottom for flavorful toppings – roasted veggies, seasoned black beans, and sliced avocado. Vegan, gluten-free, & prepared in simply 35 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- To regulate the warmth of the seasoning, add roughly cayenne pepper.
- Be at liberty to combine up the toppings! Strive siced avocado, bitter cream, crushed tortilla chips, contemporary cilantro, cotija cheese, diced white onions, refried beans, pico de gallo, lime zest, shredded Mexican cheese (or shredded vegan cheese), and a dollop of guacamole are nice choices.
- Retailer any leftovers in hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Serving: 1bowl | Energy: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 1136mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 7g